The Project 2023 Student Application Now Open
The Project is an intensive, 2-week, summer camp experience, open to rising sophomore, junior, and senior high school students who will work with faculty from Calhoun Community College and Athens State University on a collaborative arts project using aspects of Visual and Performing Arts. This program is COMPLETELY FREE to all participants! Students must be available to attend the full 2 weeks of our program, which is scheduled for June 5-9and June 12-16, 2023. To be considered for this program, student applicants must:
- Complete an online or paper application
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation
- Digitally submit samples of their work.
Performance applicants will need to send videos of their vocal or instrumental performances.
Audio Engineering and Visual Arts applicants will need to send portfolios/reels of their work, including but not limited to: video editing, audio mixing, music production, projection design, theatrical lighting, and graphic design.
- Submit a 500-word essay about one of the following topics:
- How has American music influenced music globally? (Feel free to choose a specific genre.)
- How has technology changed the music industry?
- Connections between music and other media types.
All application materials can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by March 31, 2023 at 5pm. Please note, if accepted to participate in The Project, you will be notified via email starting April 20, 2023.